Written by GimmeYerGold from Ye Olde Inn:
I've been working on this for a bit, with some helpful pointers from sajungzak and Sjeng. I think it's close to finished:
(All custom art additions are either photoshopped items from the armory or modified Gary Chalk Lone Wolf images)
A handful of notes:
1) The "Library Spells" referenced in the Spell Shop are the WoM & Elf Quest spells, all shuffled together in one deck.
2) The rule for Two-Weapon Proficiency is the closest I can come to a balanced dual-wielding ability without getting too complicated--the two attacks still allow the monster to defend twice, which is a little more fair than stacking 5 combat die against one defense attempt. Also offers a little more fun if there's an adjacent monster to attack if the first attack slays one right away.
3) Went with something unconventionally conventional for the horn--one player could soften up a monster's mind points with the horn, while a spellcaster readies a status-ailment spell, etc. (or just go all the way, and leave a vegetable monster standing stupefied)
4) The skeleton key is a cheaper option for someone only interested in treasure hidden in trapped chests/cupboards/behind locked doors--it's been 7 quests in my game, and no one has bought the tool kit--they just expect the dwarf to take care of everything :/
5) The only other thing I can think of is possibly coloring the b/w images on the left side, and a tweak here or there to prices/powers.
Anyway, what do you guys think?
meanwhilebackinthedungeon: – Frank Brunner - meanwhilebackinthedungeon: – Frank Brunner
4 hours ago