- basecoat the base in black
- make small rectangle in a dark shade (eg: dark grey, dark blue, etc)
- if you want, dry brush it with a stiff brush in a lighter shade, but not too light!
- stamp on with a big stiff brush the base with a green tone to simulate moss
- Done ! Quick & easy !
- Basecoat the mini's base with a light tone like blueish grey
- Paint the gridlines and cracks in black with a thin brush
- Water down the first tone with a bit of black to make it darker and transparent
- Simply darken the gridlines with it
Thanks to Sjeng's miniatures for the illustrations !