Wednesday 11 June 2008

Card updates blah, blah, blah


I've been working hard on making the cards better to print. I've got it all figured out, but since I'm using such a high quality scan of the card backs and faces, the files are huge. So I decided have two versions available. One at 300dpi and one at 150dpi. On screen they appear the same, but the 300dpi ones actually come out better than the originals on my colour laser. Pretty fantastic if'n you ask me. Thus far I only have the Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs done in the new style. I doubt I'll get the Game System cards finished tonight and I'm going away for a few days so I'll have to get to those the first of the week. Then I'll tackle my large size Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord Artifacts. Once those are up I can finally work on the Wizards of Morcar cards now that I have my system all worked out. I was also going to have the option of cards with a white background on the faces instead of the light beige to save on ink as suggested by Phoenix, but unless I have demand for them, I won't bother with them any time soon... if at all.
Not only have I reworked my North American Equipment Cards in the new format (300 & 150 dpi), but I've totally reworked my card making template I created to make cards from. They now look freakin' sweet. If you downloaded the older version before, I suggest you get one of the new ones.
I also have plans to create North American versions of the Wizards of Morcar Cards and the Monsters from Against the Ogre Horde. I'll actually do them up at the same time as I do the other versions. It'll be easier that way.
I have a slightly new layout for the Game System and Quest Pack pages in mind. I'm going to separate all the different versions/languages and give them their own page. If I can get some decent scans of the box tops of each version/language, I'll use them as link buttons just above the page title so Inn Guests can easily click and switch to the other versions. The North American page will be displayed by default. This should cut down on some clutter as the site expands when I add more resources.
~drathe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crawling in the other dungeons...